Sunday, September 14, 2008

Random Weekend in DC

So when I'm bored... this is what I do! I play around my computer. Please lord find me some new friends.. lol.

So this weekend I decided that I didn't want to stay in. I went to salon, got my hair deep conditioned...then I went to get my nails done... I got there, and it was closed due to renovations! Go freaking figure! I knew it was a hole in the wall..but I didn't think they did too. lol

Anywho, I decided to take a quick nap... then go to the nail salon in Pentagon City. I knew they were going to be a bit pricey, but I figure...what the heck... It's all about me. So after the nap, got dressed for the night and went on my way to Pentagon City.

I got my nails done (and it looks pretty nice by the way) and my eyebrows waxed. I love being a woman! :) Then I started my journey to DC. I stopped at my favorite restaurant, Alero. Ok...it was obvious that I came on the wrong night. No men! Well no men worth looking at. So I decided to get a couple of drinks then head to Jin. Jin was not bad, however, I felt weird being there alone. I kept looking at my phone hoping someone would text me so I can look like I might be waiting for someone. Again...no MAJOR eye candy... so after a couple of G-Spots (that's my fav. drink there), I decided to go home! So I'm walking down U St. I'm thinking why the hell didn't I use the bathroom before i left. Those drinks were coming right through me.

I sat down to think of a good spot to use the rest room without having to wait in line. All of sudden, a white guy said hi to me. I say Hi and think nothing of it. After I sent my text to my friend, he asked... "Can I ask you for a huge favor" (he had a French accent.. so I'm like... hmmmm... lol). So I gave him that "look!" He proceeded to ask me to accompany him into this swingers club because they don't allow men in by themselves. It was one of those things that caught me off guard because I'm thinking to myself... if I was a lil meaner, I would've probably walked away... but being the good Samaritan (and crazy person) that I am.. I said yes. I figure I go right in with him...and walk out soon after. So honestly..the place was empty. So I wasn't that uncomfortable. I decided to get a drink and walk out. And that's exactly what I did.

After that... I realized I need to make new friends...and FAST! I mean, I really couldn't find ONE person to hang with! WOW! Times like these make you wonder! So I decided I'm going to do my best to frequent some professional networking groups.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its obvious that DC men have no swagga, if you were strolling on the streets of NYC on a club strip by yourself on a saturday night you would have got more numbers than at&t

Sophistakated Shelly said...

lol!
Well maybe I should move!

 
Designed by Lena